Meeting of the CHM National Committee
In the frameworks of the Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), REMA has organized a meeting with contributors to the CHM website. The meeting was held at Karisoke Research Centre in Musanze District from 22-23 December, 2015.
The Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) network of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention on Biological Diversity. It was created as a tool to follow-up and ensure effective implementation of the National Biodiversity Strategic and Action Plan (NBSAP). It was created to facilitate the exchange of information. The National CHM portal is already in place and needs a regular update on research conducted on the country’s biodiversity by different institutions, NGOs involved in biodiversity conservation. These institutions have been trained twice and one meeting for contributors organized in July 2015.
The NBSAP Steering committee identified the following institutions as key contributors to the CHM website:
- Rwanda Environment Managemnt Authotity (REMA)
- University of Rwanda (UR)
- Rwanda Agriculture Board/Gene Bank Department
- Albertine Rift Conservation Society (ARCOS)
- Partners for Conservation
- Association pour la Conservation de la Nature au RWanda (ACNR)
- Rwanda Natural Resource Authority (RNRA)
- Volcanoes National Park (VNP)
- RWanda Development Board (RDB)/Tourism and Conservation
- World Conservation Society (WCS)
The meeting aims at evaluating the progress of the CHM National Committee since its establishment by NBSAP Steering Committee.
Please note that this information has expired.