ICTs for Agriculture Conference
|Period||[04/11/2013 - 08/11/2013]|
|Event location||Serena Hotel, Kigali Boulevard de la Révolution, PO Box 7469, Kigali, Rwanda|
|Host||Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) and Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA)|
|See the agenda||http://ict4ag.org/en/agenda/programme.html|
Email address: email@example.com
ICTs are among the most effective drivers of agricultural growth and transformation in ACP countries. In this context, the international conference ‘ict4ag’ will take place in Kigali in November 2013 and will be a key milestone in promoting the application of ICTs in the agricultural sector and will place a particular emphasis on value chains, advocacy and policy development.
This high-level event will be an unparalleled learning and networking opportunity where delegates can:
- Exchange ideas on solutions to the key challenges facing the widespread use of ICT in agriculture in ACP countries
- Share experiences and lessons learned and connect with existing communities of practice
- Review cutting-edge research and the latest technological developments
- Examine approaches to and methods best suited for measuring the impact of ICT4D projects
- Strategise on how to ensure greater appropriation of ICTs by women and youth for them to play an active role in the domains of advocacy and agriculture value chain development.
- Get inspired by the innovations taking place in agriculture and rural development
- Foster relationships which could lead to future entrepreneurial partnerships.
The agenda for the ICT4Ag conference is still being developed.
However, to give you a flavour of what is on offer, here is an outline of what you can expect:
- 4 November: Plug and Play Day – Discover and experience innovation, m-apps, web2.0 and social media pro in an informal environment and ... let the hackathon begin!
- 5 - 7 November: Main conference (with an unconventional twist);
- 7 November: International awards ceremonies
- 8 November: Field visit(s).
ICT4Ag is cohosted by The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI). It is co-organised by an impressive array of partners (see website).