Welcome to the Clearing House Mechanism of Rwanda
Kwita Izina - Gorilla Naming Ceremony
The Rwanda Development Board’s Tourism and Conservation Department has just confirmed that their annual Festival of the Gorillas, Kwita Izina, will this year take place on the 05th September instead of the hitherto usual date in the second half of June.
05/09/2015, Kinigi, Musanze
International Conference on Geospatial Technologies for Sustainable Urban and Rural Development
18/11/2015, Nobleza Hotel, Kigali
Capacity building workshop – national ecosystem assessments using the IPBES process and approaches
The main objective of this workshop is to develop capacity to undertake national ecosystem assessments using the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) process and approaches in the East Africa region.
Specifically, the objectives of the workshop are for participants to:
1. Have an understanding of the basic concepts of an ecosystem assessment and be able to illustrate both the value and rationale for undertaking one;
2. Gain new ideas and inspiration about how a national ecosystem assessment can be used to instigate policy and behavioural change;
3. Be provided with information on how national ecosystem assessments can contribute to assessments under IPBES;
4. Be introduced to a variety of tools and data for ecosystem assessments; and
5. Contribute to a preliminary capacity needs assessment that will feed into a proposal for supporting countries to undertake ecosystem assessments as part of efforts to mainstream biodiversity and ecosystem services into their development strategies.
24/08/2015, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Workshop on the 39th Tree planting season
Following up on the first Workshop that took place in November 10th, 2014, a thematic working group workshop for stakeholders in forestry sector will take place in Kigali, from November 24 to 25, 2014.
24/11/2014, Kigali, Rwanda,
Youth leadership and advocacy for sustainability workshop
Muhanga, 26-27 November 2014. World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in collaboration with Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) will hold a two day training workshop for youth organisations. This training is in line with the Rwanda 2010-2015 Education for Sustainable Development Strategy implementation.
26/11/2014, Institut Catholique de Kabgayi
International Conference on Environment, Energy and Development
07/08/2013, Umubano Hotel, Kigali
Agribusiness Forum 2013
06/10/2013, Serena Hotel, Kigali
ICTs for Agriculture Conference
04/11/2013, Serena Hotel, Kigali
Wetland for livelihood Forum
08/07/2013, Umubano Hotel, Kigali
Gorilla Naming "Kwita Izina"
22/06/2013, Kinigi, Musanze District
- Institute of National Museums of Rwanda
- African approaches to tackling climate change: putting protected area solutions to work
- Call for Doctoral research grants targeting barley, finger millet, pearl millet and sorghum
- Validation of two independent photogrammetric techniques for determining body measurements of gorillas
- Call for proper exploitation of wetlands